Cauliflower Salad with a Mediterranean Twist
- 1 bag frozen cauliflower (12oz), thawed and “riced”, then well drained
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced fine
- 1 small onion, diced fine (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced fine
- 1 handful flat-leaf or regular parsley, or cilantro if you like, rough chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped (optional or use dried mint, about 1tsp, reconstituted)
- Juice from 2-3 lemons – you want about 1/3 cup
- 4T good extra virgin olive oil, a fruity and flavorful brand
- 2T toasted pine nuts, pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds (shelled)
- salt and pepper to taste
- black and/or green olives, sliced, about 1/3 cup
Very simple, just prep everything and toss in a large bowl with a tight fitting lid.
Shake vigorously to blend and refrigerate at least 2 hours, shaking occasionally.
This is better the next day, giving the flavors a chance to develop.