This is an easy and filling soup that you can whip up, from scratch, in under 15 minutes.
It’s low calorie and low carb, and loaded with veggies.
I used Tilapia, but you can use any mild white fish. I tried salmon and I didn’t like the finished taste.
This works well with shrimp, scallops, even crab or oysters. Any seafood that has a relatively short cooking time 🙂
Easy Fish Soup
- 1 tsp olive oil, coconut oil, whatever cooking oil you like
- 1/4 cup diced carrot
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced celery (leaves included if you like celery flavor)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4oz tilapia, diced
- 2 cups fresh spinach, rough chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2T hot salsa of your choice (I like Herdez salsa casera)
- 1/4tsp each: dried thyme, marjoram, salt and pepper (add salt after cooking if needed)
Heat the oil in a pot large enough to hold everything.
Add the onion, garlic, celery and carrots and saute for about 5 minutes, until the veggies are fragrant.
Add everything else and simmer for 10 minutes.
**Added salt is not included in the totals.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 10 g||15 %|
|Saturated Fat 2 g||10 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 5 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 40 mg||13 %|
|Sodium 973 mg||41 %|
|Potassium 622 mg||18 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 15 g||5 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4 g||16 %|
|Sugars 5 g|
|Protein 23 g||45 %|
|Vitamin A||223 %|
|Vitamin C||43 %|