I was going to call this zucchini lasagna, but even deconstructed, it’s nothing like real lasagna lol.
The nutritional info is for the entire recipe. I usually get 6 servings, but a lot depends on the individual appetite, so just divide the total by the number of servings you get.
LC/HF Zucchini Bake
- 1.50 lb(s), 90/10 ground beef
- 1.00 Cup, Pasta Sauce Flavored With Meat (I had Prego on hand)
- 3.00 clove (3g), Garlic , minced
- 0.50 cup (160g), White Onion, Raw, Diced small
- 2.00 large, raw, Whole Zucchini (you want abour 4-5 cups shredded zucchini)
- 6.00 oz, Cream Cheese
- 2.00 Egg, Egg, Large Whole
- 3.00 tablespoon, 100% Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 0.50 cup(s), Italian Five Cheese Blend (Shredded)
- salt and pepper to taste – very subjective, just remember to season each component as you go
Prep your zucchini first. Grate it on the large grate, not the fine. Wrap tightly in cheesecloth or a dish towel and squeeze the dickens out of it until it’s mostly dry. Set it aside in a colander to drain more if it wants to (lol).
Brown the ground beef with the onions and garlic. Salt and pepper to taste. Stir in the 1 cup of pasta sauce and stir to blend.
In a large microwave safe bowl, microwave the cream cheese for 1 minute to soften, then stir to cool a little and beat in the eggs, then the parmesan, salt and pepper and finally fold in the shredded zucchini.
To assemble: In the bottom of a 10×10 (approximately) glass pan, spoon half of the ground beef and sauce mixture, smooth it, then add all of the cream cheese mixture on top, smooth to cover the meat, then layer on the remaining ground beef.
Sprinkle with the Italian cheese, cover and: bake at 350 for 30 minutes OR microwave on high power for 4 minutes (this has a tendency to overflow, so be warned!).
Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 83 g||128 %|
|Saturated Fat 40 g||202 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 10 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 2 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 684 mg||228 %|
|Sodium 2249 mg||94 %|
|Potassium 405 mg||12 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 60 g||20 %|
|Dietary Fiber 17 g||68 %|
|Sugars 37 g|
|Protein 97 g||193 %|
|Vitamin A||58 %|
|Vitamin C||24 %|