In an effort to stay “Wild” and paleo(ish) lol -I was browsing Pinterest and saw some interesting variations of hummus.
This is my tweaking of a couple of different ideas.
- 1 large or 2 medium zucchini (not exact, don’t worry)
- 2 Tablespoons almond butter, tahini or whatever nut butter you like
- 1-2 cloves garlic (to taste)
- 1/2-1tsp ground cumin (to taste)
- 1-2T lemon juice (plus zest if you like it lemony)
- 2T good Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1tsp sesame oil if not using tahini
- sea salt and pepper to taste plus extra salt for the prep
Dice the zucchini into small’ish chunks. Salt well and toss into a colander to drain for 15 minutes, then rinse with cold water and drain another 15 minutes. Pat dry and proceed:
To a food processor toss the garlic and tahini or nut butter, lemon juice and olive oil and pulse to blend it.
Add everything else and pulse until it’s the consistency you like. Taste and add salt and pepper as needed.
Important: refrigerate at least an hour for the flavors to blend.
That’s it! Tasty. Can be used as a spread or dip.
If you want to guild the (vegetable) lily, pulse in some fresh or frozen (thawed and drained well) spinach 🙂