Well that was an experience!
I’d say that was my 3rd Whole30 but the 2nd one crashed and burned after 22 days, so let’s call it the 2nd one.
What I did right:
- I ate whole foods
- I drank plenty of water
- I followed the Whole30 guidelines
- I paid attention to how I felt
- I added turmeric lattes (I left out the extract and used 2 turmeric capsules(opened and dumped the powder in) because they’re more concentrated)
- I got outdoors and got more fresh air and sunshine
What I did wrong:
- I ate too much fruit, sometimes 3 apples a day (small apples, but still)
- I ate too much protein. Some days I didn’t want to cook so I ate proteins I’d cooked in advanced, and nothing else the whole day BUT protein.
- I ate too many potatoes. Yeah only 1-3 a week but, for me, that was as lot of potatoes. How do I know? Gas. That’s how. Lots of it. The hubbs was way, way too amused by this /annoyed.
- I probably had too much coconut milk in my coffee. I wasn’t really tracking, but I did log it into my fitness pal one day and had over 300 calories from coffee with coconut milk.
- I drank too much coffee and not enough herbal teas.
Overall, I think I did learn more about what works for me.
Occasional potatoes; coffee “creamer” blending the almond and coconut milks to lower the calories a bit; eat my veggies, not just proteins; experiment with more veggies that I don’t normally use, like different squashes; that I can’t eat unlimited veggies and lose weight, it’s just too many carbs (I think); that I can live without sweeteners!
That’s a short list, I’m sure there’s more lol.