Easy to put together and tasty.
- 2 pounds frozen cauliflower, thawed
- 4 slices “streaky” bacon (aka: fatty)
- 3 cups sliced or shredded cabbage
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced green and white parts
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 4 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- salt and pepper to taste
Microwave or steam cauliflower until soft. Drain well, and mash or puree with the melted butter and 2 tablespoons of buttermilk. Add the the remaining buttermilk, if needed, to get a smooth mash that it’s to dry.
Fry the bacon until crisp, then crumble and set aside.
In the bacon fat, saute the cabbage and onions until the cabbage starts to get golden and browned.
Mix with everything else, salt and pepper to taste and serve pipping hot!
You can reserve some bacon and onions to sprinkle on top for garnish, if you like.