I wanted to pass my experiment along to you guys, it’s not real precise, but you can adjust to taste! It was really good and warming in this cold weather.
Instant Pot Chicken Crack Slaw
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 tablespoon coconut or olive oil
- 1 cup hot water
- salt to taste (I add 1/2 teaspoon since the broth gets removed)
- 4oz cream cheese, softened and cut/pinched into small pieces
- 1 can rotel diced tomatoes with green chilis, or plain diced tomatoes
- 2 8oz bags of shredded cabbage, or 1lb, or 1lb cabbage that you chop or shred
- 1/2 cup shredded very sharp cheddar cheese (optional)
Add oil to the IP and saute the chicken thighs until lightly cooked and the color changes.
Add the water and cook under high pressure for 5 minutes. Do a quick release of pressure, drain out the broth and save to drink or for another dish.
Add to the chicken in the IP the rotel, cream cheese and cabbage. Stir then cook on high pressure for 3 minutes.
Do another quick release and add the cheddar and stir it in to melt.
Taste and add salt and pepper if needed.
This makes 4-5 servings and is very rich and filling.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 30 g||47 %|
|Saturated Fat 11 g||56 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 10 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 4 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 185 mg||62 %|
|Sodium 970 mg||40 %|
|Potassium 810 mg||23 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 9 g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3 g||10 %|
|Sugars 5 g|
|Protein 49 g||98 %|