Slight hitch this week: cravings!
I hadn’t had any real ones so fat, but I had a honeycrisp apple and it really made me want cheese lol.
I white knuckled through it, but it was tough. I had several green olives, and that squashed it pretty well 🙂
I have been using nutpods creamer (whole30 approved and available at netrition.com)but they weren’t quite creamy enough for my tastes. If I am adding cream to coffee (I usually drink it black)it needs to impress me.
The nutpods are good, but I decided to take a crack at it.
I mixed 8oz Aroy-D coconut milk and 1/3 cup Organic Almond Milk (HEB brand) with a pinch of salt and 1/2tsp vanilla bean powder.
Turned out really creamy and had great flavor… and about ½ the price of Nutpods.
I may adopt this creamer outside whole30, it was that good!
I also made a salad with freshly roasted beets(roasted, peeled and cooled, then sliced), red onions, EVOO and balsamic vinegar that was really good.
Another side dish I made was a sort of Riced Cauliflower Salad:
- I riced a 1lb bag of frozen cauliflower and drained it well, then added:
- 1 diced large tomato
- about 6 Kalamata olives, chopped (any olives you like would work probably)
- red onion, chopped(about 1/3 cup)
- a handful of chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper AFTER it’s marinated for 30 minutes
Just toss everything in a lidded container, leave at room temp for 30 minutes, giving it a little shake every 10 minutes, then add the salt and pepper as you like, then chill for an hour or two before serving.
I think some roasted garlic, or maybe a garlic red wine vinegar would be good in this.